Nonimmigrant Visa
(Temporary Visa)

A Nonimmigrant Visa is a temporary immigration classification for a specific period of time. It is issued by a U.S. consulate or embassy, and permits a foreign national to enter the United States for a set, temporary period of time to take part in a specific activity. Examples of nonimmigrant visas include: B-1/B-2 Visitor Visas, H-1B “Specialty Occupation” Visas, L-1A
Multinational Executive/Manager Visas, TN “Professional” Visas for citizens of Canada and Mexico, E-3 visas for citizens of Australia, and F-1 Student Visas. 

Certain nonimmigrant visas, such as employment-based visas, require a U.S.-based employer tofirst file a nonimmigrant petition (Form I-129) with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once a petition is approved, the foreign national beneficiary can apply for the nonimmigrant visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy, or a change status if he or she is already residing in the U.S. in a valid immigration status.

  • Twitter Classic
  • Facebook Classic
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon



  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Twitter

© 2020 The Grady Firm - All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Disclaimers